For Biography study this year, I have chosen Charles Darwin for the following reasons:
1. He is the father of evolution which is basically the foundation of our Timeline of Life and our Second Great Story.
2. South America is one of the continents we will study as a class. Darwin’s time in the Galapagos Islands, off the coast of Ecuador, and time in South America was key to his scientific discoveries.
3. It opens the door to further biographical study of other famous scientists. We own numerous copies of other books in the “Who Was…. ” series.
1. Who was Charles Darwin?
2. One Beetle Too Many
1. About Darwin has an INTERACTIVE map!
2. The Beagle Library
3. Australian National Maritime Museum
4. CNRS has an extensive video and interactive illustrations!!!
5. DK Books has clip art available on many great scientists:
Animals of the Galapagos: